8.07.2013

Veggie Terrine


Another day, another veggie dish!

This terrine comes together super quick and is a great way to use up whatever random assortment of produce you may have lurking around in your fridge. For this version I used eggplant, kale and zucchini.

First, make a simple marinara. I used canned tomatoes, garlic, shallot and apple cider vinegar. I swirled in a little bit of almond milk to cream things up a bit, and let it simmer until thickened.

Par-cook your veggies until they have softened but aren't cooked through. Vary the slice width of the veggie based on how fast they tend to cook. I didn't precook the zuke, considering it cooks in roughly 5 seconds time.

Then, layer a baking dish or dutch oven with veggies, sauce, and cheese of your choice. I topped mine with a medley of goat cheese, cotija and Parmesan.

Bake at 400 degrees for about twenty minutes, and broil for a touch if the top has yet to turn a lovely shade of golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment