11.05.2013

Soups On: Roasted Garlic Tomato

Now that it is getting dark at about 4:30, it is starting to feel like winter is officially upon us! A part of me finds the nighttime slick and shiny streets of Portland sort of romantic. The other part of me feels suicidal until June. Either way, soup is in order, and a hearty bowl at that.
 
 
Roasted Garlic Tomato Soup from Veganomicon
 


Post-soup, I settled in with some homemade chai tea. I simmered orange peel, star anise, coriander seed, cinnamon stick, peppercorn, fresh ginger and cardamom pod for 40 minutes, then steeped black tea for about 6 minutes. This makes a concentrate, so I mixed half a cup of chai and the rest hot water and coconut milk.

This hit the spot on a cool night and made my apartment smell amazing. Now, currently on the hunt for a chai tea candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment